|Are you up for the challenge?! It’s time to get your crew together! This event is a unique opportunity to support the local rowing community and be involved in an enjoyable and effective teamwork initiative.You provide the people – find a crew of at least 8 people who want an experience to remember! We’ll provide the coaches, boats, and heaps of encouragement. We’ll teach everyone how to row an eight over four or five weeks (three if you’re really short of time!) and then you compete against other corporate teams in a round robin competition over 500 m. More experienced crews looking for a challenge can choose to race over 1000 m.
Rules: Each crew must have at least 2 women; no crew can have more than 2 registered rowers for the 500 m race.
This year Avon and Canterbury Rowing Clubs are combining for the indoor regatta on 9 October and regatta on 13 October. You’ll have more competition on the water and also get plenty of time to network and socialise on the day.
REGATTA DAY: Sunday 13 October 1 – 4 pm
Venue: Avon Rowing Club, Kerrs Reach, Christchurch
1. Indoor regatta – Wednesday 9 October 6 – 8 pm (Christchurch Boys High School gym)
2. Time trial (to establish seeding) in the week before the regatta
3. On the day – knockout racing over 500 m or 1000 m
Registrations close: Friday 30 August (late entries accepted up to 6 September)
Cost: $1200 + GST per crew or $2200 + GST for 2 crews
Training starts: Sunday 8 or 15 September
- Crews can be from the same company or a composite crew of two or more companies.
- Entry includes plant use, coaching, racing events and post-event social.
- Your crew will have a dedicated coach available for up to 12 on-water training sessions.
- You can expect to race 3 or 4 times and members can change each race so that everyone gets a turn.
Get your crew together and enter!
For more information contact Jane on 021 027 13015 or email@example.com